In a chapter 7 bk. Will the trustee do anything prior to the meeting as far as collecting? I am doing this pro se.

Asked 11 months ago - Jackson, MS

Chapter 7 bankruptcy

1. Gary D. Bollinger

Pro

3

Answered . You wrote, "In a chapter 7 bk. Will the trustee do anything prior to the meeting as far as collecting?"

A: In a few districts, the bankruptcy Trustee might freeze a bank account or take collection actions for an ongoing business.

2. Diane L Gruber

Pro

2

Answered . No, but after the hearing the trustee has the authority to take your non-protected assets. It is better if you AT LEAST invest in a consultation with a bankruptcy attorney BEFORE filing your petition.

3. Dwayne M Farnsworth

2

Answered . Shortly after you file your Chapter 7 proceeding the trustee will usually request information that they need in order to get prepared for the Meeting of Creditors and for the proper administration of the case. However, in almost all cases the trustee usually will NOT assert control over your assets so soon.

Get ready to answer any questions your trustee may have at the meeting of creditors. Good Luck!