In a car v. motorcycle accident who is at fault most of

Asked over 1 year ago - Toledo, OH

the time?

1. Scott Douglas Camassar

20

Answered . No way to answer this without more info. I've seen motorcycles at fault for going to fast or weaving through traffic, and cars are fault for not seeing motorcycles. Depends on the facts

2. George Costas Andriotis

Pro

18

Answered . Impossible to answer that question because each case is different.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.
  3. Daniel Nelson Deasy

17

Answered . Impossible to tell you.

Pro

17

Answered . Every case is different. A lawyer would look at the facts and circumstances.

5. Patrick Thomas Murphy

Pro

14

Answered . Motorcycle operators as a class are generally very safety conscious, they have to be. My experience has shown that the auto operators are more often at fault. Nevertheless, each case depands upon its own facts and merits. If you were involved in such a collision and sustained injuries you should contact a lawyer to discuss the specific facts. If someone is making an injury or property damage claim against you, you should contact your auto insurer.

6. Scott J. Corwin

Pro

15

Answered . I suppose you could research the answer to your question in a statistical sense. In a more narrow legal sense, it is entirely defined on a case to case basis. If you were injured in a motor vehicle accident, then you should receive any and all medical treatment and hire a lawyer to protect your rights and advocate on your behalf. In over 20 years of practicing law, I have helped countless out of state clients receive the compensation they deserve and defend their rights. I have included links to you may find helpful in resolving your issue. Best of luck.

7. Mark Eugene Barbour

Pro

13

Answered . Riding a bike doesn't mean someone is automatically at fault, or not at fault. It depends on the facts of the accident. I have successfully represented many motorcyclists in personal injury claims and the fact they were on a motorcycle didn't enter into the determination of fault in my opinion.

8. Howard Robert Roitman

Pro

13

Answered . Depends on who breached there duty.

9. Mark John Caruso

Pro

9

Answered . Fault is dictated by the actions of the parties involved, not the type of vehicle involved. A good indicator of fault may be the police report. The officer appears at the scene shortly after the vehicular accident, talks with the parties and witnesses, evaluates the damage to the vehicles, considers the design of the roadway and ultimatley makes his best conclusion about who is at fault. Police reports are sometimes wrong, but I have found that they are the best indicator of fault.