Skip to main content

In a car accident w/ suspended license, accident not my fault. Can I get paid from the at fault driver who has insurance?

Kenosha, WI |

I have suspended license + no outstanding tickets nor anyother offenses since two years ago + not insured but not required in this state + not at fault + other driver insured and at fault + do they pay.

My back does hurt about 7.5 out of 10 being the worst. I did go to the ER from the scene of the accident. To get myself and my daughter evaluated. My daughter is in better condition then myself. I did get a ticket for the suspended license but did not get the $6000 fine also do to the fact that I had no outstanding tickets. The Driver hit my front passenger side + a smashed in tire both car involved were towed.

Attorney Answers 3


You did not provide much information in your facts as far as any injuries or damages therefore, my only answer would be to contact a local attorney.

Mark as helpful


You have to get well. Get a personal injury lawyer. And yes, get the therapy you need.

You might find helpful my Legal Guide Successful Start for a Personal Injury Lawsuit

Make sure to contact a lawyer. Many personal injury lawyers in Wisconsin are listed right here on Avvo and will give a free consulation to you.

You have both rights and responsibilities. Take care of them. Good luck.

Get a good lawyer for you ASAP.

You might find my Legal Guide helpful "How to Choose A Lawyer For You"

You might find my Legal Guide helpful " What Do I Tell My Lawyer"

You need a lawyer. Check with a lawyer in your locale to discuss more of the details.

Good luck to you.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney with whom you have established an attorney client relationship. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.

Mark as helpful

2 found this helpful


"Getting paid" is entirely different than filing a claim or a lawsuit. You are not prevented from filing a claim or lawsuit in Wisconsin because you have a suspended license. If the other driver is insured and at fault, you will be able to make a claim against him or her.

I would suggest you contact an attorney to discuss your matter.


This response does not create an attorney-client relationship between us.

Mark as helpful

Personal injury topics

Recommended articles about Personal injury

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics