In 2010, I entered into a settlement (I wasn't a defendant) with my then-husband and the company from which he stole 2.58M

Asked about 2 years ago - San Diego, CA

At this settlement, we deeded over 16 of our 19 rental properties to the company. At that time, I was awarded 3 of the rental properties, my then-husband was awarded many IRAs, etc. Later I divorced my husband; he defaulted on the divorce action. Can I now file an action to be awarded half of the IRAs he was awarded, and, if I do, can he file for half of the three rental properties I now own?

1. 3

8

Answered . I am sorry that you are going through this, it seems that your marital esate was quite large and you are hinting that he committed fraud of some sort, please chat with a local attny and he or she will help you.

2. 1

Answered . I recommend asking your divorce atty. You will get confidential advice and someone who understands the full situation.

3. Answered . Hello: I am a family law attorney in San Diego and would be happy to give you a free 30 minute consultation, just call my office to set up a time at 858-876-5421. To answer your question generally, yes, sometimes divorce judgments are revisited but there are restrictions. I look forward to speaking with you! Attorney Kathryn Felice