Skip to main content

In 2007, A doctor in Houston, TX punctured my spinal sac while injecting a steriod. May I sue for medical malpractice?

Sunset, LA |

It is 2012. I have suffered for years and doctors could not figure out what was wrong. I finally found a doctor that did an extensive MRI and sat down with me and showed me what was wrong. He asked me "Did the doctor that gave you your injections tell you he burst your sac?" I said "no, would he have known?" The doctor said "yes, he would certainly have known." I am disabled because of this. I would have done something sooner, but I didn't know. I moved to another state not too long after the initial injections and my back just got progressively worse. Please help. I am on disabilty now. Had to quit my job and now working part time.

Attorney Answers 4


A local med mal lawyer would need to order your medical records and send them to an expert to review to ascertain whether there was a breach of the standard of care. You can find a lawyer in your city by using Avvo's "find a lawyer" tool. Good luck.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755

Mark as helpful

6 lawyers agree


It certainly sounds like you have a legitimate medical malpractice claim. Consult an attorney to investigate and advise you.

Good Luck.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


You need to talk with a local medical malpractice. There may be an issue with the statute of limitation.

Mark as helpful


Maybe. Maybe not. I would need to look at the exact type of procedure you were having done before I would be able to fully assess whether or not a punctured spinal sac was within the normal risks of the procedure.

Stephen Babcock Babcock Partners, LLC 4000 S. Sherwood Forest Blvd., 5th Floor Baton Rouge, LA 70816 225.344.0911 | 225.761.9088 (fax) This communication does not create an attorney-client relationship; a written contract with Babcock Partners L.L.C. is required.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Lawsuits and disputes topics

Recommended articles about Lawsuits and disputes

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics