In 2005 i wrote bad checks.. So the law showed up and i had to go to magistrate court. They took my drivers lincence in 2008 and

Cameron, WV |

and then i got them back and now it has been 7 years since it happen and i have not go anything from them... What is the statue of limination on this in west Virigina and does it show on a credit report and can the put you in jail since its been that long

i never heard anything from them and all i worry about is if i own them for over draft.. I dont want to call them since it has been 7 years. i am afraid they could do something them.. Also i heard that the statue of liminstion doesnt work for bad checks is that true

This question is best fielded by a licensed attorney in your state. You likely need to discuss this with a criminal lawyer in your state and/or a debt collection attorney in your state. Civil and criminal liability are two different things and are both in play on this.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Illinois. Responses are answers to general legal questions and the receiver of such question should consult a local attorney for specific answers to questions.