Skip to main content

In 1984 I was arrested. The LA courts have no record of my arrest or any information on the case disposition.

Anaheim, CA |

I need to provide the disposition to the DOJ, but this case does not exist according to the courts, but it is on my CA DOJ criminal history transcripts. All it shows is an arrest, nothing else. Not sure what to do. Advice please.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


That doesn't sound right. Did you ever go to court on it?

Seth Weinstein, Esq.
Southern California Criminal Defense Attorney
(310) 707-7131

This reply should NOT be considered a legal opinion of your case / inquiry. At this time I do not have sufficient factual/legal documentation to give a complete answer to your question and there may be more to the issues you raised then I have set out in my brief reply.



I spent the night courtesy of Van Nuys PD, and appeared in front of a judge the next morning. My arrest report says attempted theft, but I also had traffic warrants. I recall receiving some 10 - 15 hours of community service as a result of it all, but no recollection of the charges of theft. I thought it was all traffic related.



I walked through the dungeon today, and even took some pictures. What a place. The search for records yielded a "No Case Filed" by the Superior Court Clerk. DOJ doesn't recognize that as a disposition.

Seth Andrew Weinstein

Seth Andrew Weinstein


Perhaps it was all traffic related. They may have dropped the Petty Theft in exchange for a plea to the traffic charges. Seth Weinstein, Esq. Southern California Criminal Defense Attorney (310) 707-7131


How is it listed on the DOJ transcript? It may be possible that you were arrested, but the matter was rejected. Do you have any recollection of the matter? Have you been down to the dungeon at the Hall of Records? Many cases were misplaced from the paper to fiche conversion. It may take awhile. Many attorneys can assist if you desire.

The response above is not intended as legal advice since it’s impracticable to provide thorough, accurate advice based upon the query without additional details. It is highly recommended that one should seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting. Moreover, this response does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship since this message is not a confidential communication because it was posted on a public website, thereby publicly disclosing the information, which is another reason to setup a confidential meeting with an attorney.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer