Improper service of court documents

Asked over 2 years ago - Boston, MA

I suspect my wife may have filed for divorce but won't tell me. She has my address and all, but what happens if she claims I have disappeared?

1. Alan J Pransky

7

Answered . The easy thing to do is to check with Probate Court and see if she filed. She has to file in the county that you lived in as a couple unless both you and your wife have left that county. In that case, she has to file in either the county where she lives or the county where you live.

2. Gary S. Sinclair

2

Answered . The effect of improper notice may be that the court will dismiss the complaint. If your wife has filed for divorce, let the clerk know that you have not received notice. Good luck!

3. Henry Lebensbaum

1

Answered . Check with clerk's office

Sent from my Droid Charge on Verizon 4G LTE

-
    ---------------------------------------- This email was sent by: Avvo, Inc. 1501 4th AveSuite 1900 Seattle, WA, 98101-1588, USA We respect your right to privacy - visit the following URL to view our policy. ( http://click.mail5.avvo.com/?qs=853aa98625fe162... ) ----------------------------------------