Import/Export Attorney for consultation in Chicago/ IL

Lake Forest, IL |

Hello, first of all my apologies as this is not a question. I'm requesting for help as I couldn't find any results while searching for business attorneys for import/export .
Looking for an attorney in Chicago area who could provide overall consultation help for our start up firm towards required export licenses, compliance with federal and state rules and regulations for exports from US to India and defining term and agreements for our firm.
Thank you in advance for your reply.

Our firm does a great deal of work both with start-ups and with clients engaged in importing and exporting in the U.S. Our clients are coast to coast here and an increasing number abroad. My experience has been that a good freight forwarder can usually meet your needs at lower cost. You need a good accountant experienced in international transactions to advise regarding tax and related issues, and you need corporate counsel for your set up. Depending on the goods and services you are dealing with you may well find all your needs in import and export can be met by the CPA and freight forwarder.

I would be happy to pass on the names of the CPA and freight forwarder to which I refer my clients.

Best regards,

Ken Sprang
    Washington International Business Counsel
    Washington, DC
    ksprang@wibclaw.com

2. There are many of us available to be retained

3. Mr. Sprang give really very practical advice about the team you need.
    Indian consulate near where you live will have experienced lawyes on their list who are somewhat more specialized.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advice" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

4. Interesting, there are probably 200 firms in Chicago that could handle import export issues. Why not just pick up the phone and call Baker and McKenzie and I am sure that one of their 4000 lawyers in 40 countries can answer your import/export question.

I am not your lawyer and you are not my client. Free advice here is without recourse and any reliance thereupon is at your sole risk. This is done without compensation as a free public service. I am licensed in IL, MO, TX and I am a Reg. Pat. Atty. so advice in any other jurisdiction is strictly general advice and should be confirmed with an attorney licensed in that jurisdiction.

Business topics