Implied Consent Violation, Background Checks

Bloomington, IL |

I am an IL resident and have an implied consent violation from the state of Wisconsin on my driving records (I do not have DUI/OWI, only implied consent violation). Unlike my home state of IL, Wisconsin treats implied consent violations and DUI as civil offenses. I ran my drivers records and the record states "out of state conviction leading to suspension." I have recently been offered a very good job contingent on a background check. I know most companies in IL will only run criminal background checks not civil. Since my implied consent violation was in Wisconsin and not a criminal charge in Wisconsin is it safe to assume that if an IL company runs a criminal background check on me it will not show up? Thanks in advance for you replies.

You should pose this question to a Wisconsin lawyer. They would probably know if these matters show up on criminal background checks.

I'd expect it to show up. Almost everything does now.

Ok to update, I was told they are running criminal check for felonies and misdemeanors, they are not running driving record. They they are only doing checks in counties I have lived in. The county i received the implied consent violation is a county i do not live in and have never lived in. I am thinking this wont show up. Again, they are doing a criminal background check, i have not committed a criminal offense. Any thoughts?

Call the Wisconsin court clerk and ask for a list of referral traffic attorneys who practice in that jurisdiction, then pose the aboveissue to them for a more accurate opinion.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one's personal legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602 http://alexanderivakhnenko.com

DUI topics