Implied Consent Violation, Background Checks

Asked over 1 year ago - Bloomington, IL

I am an IL resident and have an implied consent violation from the state of Wisconsin on my driving records (I do not have DUI/OWI, only implied consent violation). Unlike my home state of IL, Wisconsin treats implied consent violations and DUI as civil offenses. I ran my drivers records and the record states "out of state conviction leading to suspension." I have recently been offered a very good job contingent on a background check. I know most companies in IL will only run criminal background checks not civil. Since my implied consent violation was in Wisconsin and not a criminal charge in Wisconsin is it safe to assume that if an IL company runs a criminal background check on me it will not show up? Thanks in advance for you replies.

1. Harold L. Wallin

Pro

2

Answered . You should pose this question to a Wisconsin lawyer. They would probably know if these matters show up on criminal background checks.

2. Melissa I. Smejkal

1

Answered . I'd expect it to show up. Almost everything does now.

3. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

1

Answered . Call the Wisconsin court clerk and ask for a list of referral traffic attorneys who practice in that jurisdiction, then pose the aboveissue to them for a more accurate opinion.