IMPLIED CONSENT HEARINGS: What is time limit for police to provide hearings officer with information?

Asked over 1 year ago - Portland, OR

My license was suspended after I blew .10 in the intoxilyzer.
I requested a hearing within 10 days.

I have read that the suspension could be overturned if the police do not provide info or provide it late.
How many days do the police have to provide information to the hearings officer or the suspension is dismissed? Where is this in the law ORS or ALRs?

1. Jeffrey A Turnoy

1

Answered . Police officers have to provide their reports at the time of the hearing. This enables the Administrative Law Judge and Defense Attorney the opportunity to review the reports for use at the hearing. However, you should not go into this hearing by yourself. You need to seek the assistance of an experienced attorney who can cross-examine the officer about what happened and the circumstances of the blow. Your chances of success greatly increase if you have an attorney present.