Immigration/Work Permit/Interview

Asked 7 months ago - Seattle, WA

I applied for the I-485 and I-765 and I know I have to wait for 90 days for the Work Permit. Is the 90 days from the day I got the receipt from the Immigration or after I had the finger print taken? Also, What to accept from the Interview? I already had the I 130 approved and now it will be for the I 485. Will it be like the I 130 one? Thanks!

1. Barbara A Marcouiller

Pro

Answered . 90 days from receipt. Each interview is different. It depends entirely on the history and facts of your unique case.

2. Jagbir Singh Terkiana

Answered . 90 days from date of receipt. But you can receive it earlier. And no one can predict what will be asked at the I-485 interview. Absent any special circumstances, this will be just like every other adjustment interview

3. Mary Nicole Morrison

Answered . I sincerely hope that you have confirmed that you are eligible to adjust status in the U.S. before you filed and paid for your I-485 and I-765. USCIS will not refund your money if your applications are denied. Consult with a competent immigration attorney for advice specific to your situation.

4. Scott Dewayne Mills

Pro

Answered . The best way to prepare for the interview is to contact a local attorney with experience with interviews at the local USCIS office.