Immigration/Work Permit/Interview

Seattle, WA |

I applied for the I-485 and I-765 and I know I have to wait for 90 days for the Work Permit. Is the 90 days from the day I got the receipt from the Immigration or after I had the finger print taken? Also, What to accept from the Interview? I already had the I 130 approved and now it will be for the I 485. Will it be like the I 130 one? Thanks!

90 days from receipt. Each interview is different. It depends entirely on the history and facts of your unique case.

This reply is intended only as general information and does not constitute legal advice in any particular case. This reply does not create an attorney/client relationship.

90 days from date of receipt. But you can receive it earlier. And no one can predict what will be asked at the I-485 interview. Absent any special circumstances, this will be just like every other adjustment interview

I sincerely hope that you have confirmed that you are eligible to adjust status in the U.S. before you filed and paid for your I-485 and I-765. USCIS will not refund your money if your applications are denied. Consult with a competent immigration attorney for advice specific to your situation.

The best way to prepare for the interview is to contact a local attorney with experience with interviews at the local USCIS office.