Immigration visa under case type I-130

Asked 4 months ago - 10138

My age is more than 21. My mother is US immigrant and currently staying in USA. She applied for my US immigration visa under case type I-130 when I was single.
After that I got married and I have a child (age: 1 year). Unfortunately, I am now separated but not divorced yet (divorce is on process). As we did not know, we did not inform this (my marital status and birth of my child) to National Visa Center.
My mother received a letter from NVC that instructed to pay Affidavit of Support (AOS). I am really confused. Should we inform NVC regarding my current status (my marital status and birth of my child), pay the fees and then apply further or we should not apply for the immigration further.
I certainly need your advice.
Thanks in advance.
Kind regards

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Kyndra L. Mulder


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . You are not eligible for the visa because you are no longer single.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

  • 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now

Can't find what you're looking for?

Ask span5@2x

Ask a question on our public forum.

Ask a lawyer
Instant span6@2x

Have an attorney contact you privately.

Right now.

Icon lock@2x
Secure conversation. Your details remain between you and your attorney.
Icon clock@2x
Get an answer guaranteed. Be assured that a lawyer will contact you to help with your legal issue.
Start your session now