Immigration through spouse ? please help

Asked over 1 year ago - 11214

i am a spouse of an american citizen who applied for spouse visa . I got an interview date on 20 April 2011. At the date I received a green slip that stated that my visa was temporarily refused until 221G until administrative processing is complete. I have waited 14 months during this process i also had a baby whom i haven't been able to see yet. My wife has repeatedly called the embassy and involved her local senator but we keep getting the same reply that the process is in administrative processing. I am quite frustrated with the process and now my wife and baby are coming to Pakistan to stay with me . My question is how much longer should i wait ? What else can I do?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

13

Answered . Your wife can file a Petition for a Writ of Mandamus in Federal Court to force the Embassy to make a decision in your case.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
    https://shusterman.com/intake-secure.html
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

2. F. J. Capriotti III

3

Answered . You have probably been 'caught' in a background check ... there is no way to know how long that will take.

3. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

3

Answered . There is nothing else than can be done or said, aside from having your wife filing a writ of mandamus in federal court to force the embassy to finally act on your visa application.