Immigration reform if happened for those in removal proceedings

Asked over 1 year ago - Wilmington, DE

I am in removal proceedings waiting for my asylum case. Heavy work towards reform might be a possible reform to happen. If that is to happen, does people like me get included in the reform if we have degree or otherwise eligible according to the reform law? I know there are more than few bills being drafted...does any of those bills provide break for people already in the system and facing removal proceedings?

1. Alena Shautsova

Pro

1

11

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. You should consult an experienced immigration attorney for this matter. You may schedule a consultation with an immigration lawyer in your area, my firm is handling these matters in New York. If you would like free legal updates on these immigration issues you may sign up for our newsletter at http://www.shautsova.com .

2. F. J. Capriotti III

4

Answered . The version of President Obama's bill, which was 'leaked' this weekend, WOULD be able to help you.

But, who knows if it will actually become law.

3. Philip Alan Eichorn

2

Answered . Please wait for a law to be signed before trying ton determine its applicability to you. Focus on winning your current removal case.