Immigration reform if happened for those in removal proceedings

Wilmington, DE |

I am in removal proceedings waiting for my asylum case. Heavy work towards reform might be a possible reform to happen. If that is to happen, does people like me get included in the reform if we have degree or otherwise eligible according to the reform law? I know there are more than few bills being drafted...does any of those bills provide break for people already in the system and facing removal proceedings?

1. The version of President Obama's bill, which was 'leaked' this weekend, WOULD be able to help you.

But, who knows if it will actually become law.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

2. Please wait for a law to be signed before trying ton determine its applicability to you. Focus on winning your current removal case.

3. I agree with my colleagues. You should consult an experienced immigration attorney for this matter. You may schedule a consultation with an immigration lawyer in your area, my firm is handling these matters in New York. If you would like free legal updates on these immigration issues you may sign up for our newsletter at http://www.shautsova.com .

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova www.shautsova.com www.shautsova.com www.russianspeakinglawyerny.com