Immigration reform for immigrants 2013

Asked about 2 years ago - Alpharetta, GA

This all questions are for my friends

1) What if the person is on f1 but Jan 2013 1st week she got out of status will and is in the country for more than 2 years will they be eligible?

2) Came on visitors visa May 2009 will they be eligible?

3) Couples with 3 us citizen (less than 18 years old) from last 10 years also came on visitors visa

4) as per bush amesty plan for how long a person has to be in usa?

5) when will the blue print for immigration reform 2013 will be out?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Irene Vaisman


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Unfortunately there is no reform, at least not, yet. There are some new regulations and if you have a specific situation in mind, consider a personal consultation with an experienced attorney to see whether you qualify.

    This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
  2. Veronica Tunitsky

    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . There's no bush amnesty plan.

    There's talk of immigration reform. It's only talk at this point. We don't know what or when to expect it.

    Generally, spouses of us citizens are eligible to adjust status if they overstayed their visa, but each situation should be analyzed independently.

    The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. Please consult an... more
  3. Jakob Seth Lipman

    Contributor Level 10

    Answered . There is no new amnesty or comprehensive reform program. Your friends should consult experienced immigration attorneys to see if some exception may apply to these cases. Good luck!

    The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an... more

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Green cards

A green card is a legal document which provides proof that the owner is a lawful permanent resident of the United States.

Carl Michael Shusterman

How to Renew your Green Card

Renewing your Green Card, or Permanent Resident Card, is important. If you have an expired Green Card you may be denied re-entry into the United States. You could also be charged with a... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

32,907 answers this week

3,577 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

32,907 answers this week

3,577 attorneys answering