Immigration question for a US citizen to live in the UK and married to a UK citizen.

Asked 11 months ago - Sylmar, CA

My wife is a US citizen and we are married I'm a UK citizen . My question is I'm having a hard time trying to meet the financial requirements set by the UK immigration. This is the reason I don't think she will qualify for entry clearance. Is there another way we can live together in the UK we have a four year old disabled son together and my son qualifies to be a UK citizen. It seems wrong that immigration are happy to split a family up just because I can't meet the almost 20 thousand pound a year earnings threshold.

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

8

Answered . AVVO is a blog were so far only attorneys who practice various forms of the law in US jurisdictions answer questions. Look for a British blog.

2. Michael Charles Doland

3

Answered . Law and fairness are normlly independent.
    You are looking on a site for US attorneys and inbound immigration. You need to seek a similar site for the UK.

3. Daniel Patrick Hanlon

Pro

2

Answered . Consult with the UK immigration authorities for the information you seek.