Immigration question

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

Maybe it's too late but I applied for O-1 during my grace period of M-1. I got the approval, but USCIS said I'm not eligible to change the status in the us. I have all the documents with dates on clearly shows that I applied it during the grace period. My lawyer filed the motion to correct the fact. During that time, USCIS demanded the copy of I-94 again, but unfortunately it was lost. My lawyer said he couldn't replace it. After about 7 months, the motion was somehow approved but I had to leave the country and get the visa at the embassy in my country. Now the case is pending at USCIS again after the officer finding me not qualified. I know I have to talk to my lawyer and I have been. And I'm happy to wait. But I'm asking you guys if there's anything I could do to make things straight.

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

3

Answered . Irrelevant if you already departed the US. All you can now do is apply of the M-1visa at the consulate.

2. Tripti Sharad Sharma

Pro

2

Answered . If you already left the U.S., it is water under the bridge. Apply for M-1 at the Consulate.

3. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Pro

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.