Immigration Question: What does the below mean from the letter I receivd in the mail today? Is my husband coming home??

Collinsville, IL |
Filed under: Immigration

We are pleased to inform you that the above-referenced application (Form I-601) has been approved. Note that this waiver applies only to the grounds of insfmissibility indicated below:
212 (a) (9) (B) (i) (II).

This completes the USCIS action on this matter.

Thank you all for the information on this situattion. From what I read online, then we are just waiting for the interview appointment to go to Juarez to get the Visa and then he can cross that day? Or is there more that I am not finding on line. Thank you all again wish I had done this from the beginning not happy with the lawyer we worked with!!

1. Yes, it looks like things are moving in a positive direction.

IMMIGRATION LAW PROFESSOR for 10 years -- LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

2. Yes. This means that you are over the hurdle and that the US Consulate can proceed to issue the visa he needs to travel to the U.S.

Madrid Crost Law Group - (888) 466-4478; e-mail: mc@madridcrost.com; skype: usvisalaw 10 S. La Salle Street, Suite 3320, Chicago, IL 60603 Please consult with a licensed immigration professional to provide you with a thorough legal advice. This response is not a substitute for specific legal advice and it should not be construed to create an attorney-client relationship. Please help stop notario fraud. Please visit and share this site: www.stopnotariofraud.org.

3. This means that the waiver that you applied for to overcome the bar against him being here in the US was granted. Congratulations! Now, since that waiver has been granted, the government may continue to process the rest of his application requesting a visa to enter the US. Once his visa application is granted, he will be able to come back to the US.

FOR CONSULTATION on IMMIGRATION or FAMILY LAW MATTERS Contact: Law Offices of Jennifer L. Bennett, 312.972.7969, attorney_jb@yahoo.com, 3806 W. Irving Park Road, Suite B, Chicago, IL 60618. The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advice specific to your situation and/or case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo are only general in nature; specific answers require knowledge of all facts.

4. Yes, it certainly looks that way. Congratulations!!