Immigration question........Will my husband be deported?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Alexandria, VA

y husband is in deportation preceedings. before I got married he divorced his previous wife and immigration filed it as a sham marriage. they also denied my petition for him but we appealed it awhile ago. We have two children together and he has been abusive and been using someone else's SSN to work. I want to leave him because in the past he has threatened to kill me multiple times. I just want to know would he get deported because he is abusive and commiting fraud

I am currently separated from him. He was using my SSN to try to get a car loan and I reported it to immigration because I told him not to as he messed up my credit enough already!

1. Stephen D. Berman

5

1

Best Answer

Answered . Send any evidence you have to the Chief Counsel's office at the court where your spouse is in proceedings. All you have to do is withdraw any visa petition you filed for him and he has no basis to adjust his status.

2. Nicklaus James Misiti

5

1

Answered . It's impossible to say but domestic violence and sham marriages are typically reasons to deport someone. I would recommend divorcing him and obtaining a restraining order against him due to his threats.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

4

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues ... plus I would like to add that you need to call the police if he is physically abusive AND you need to find a woman's shelter.