Immigration matter, Hi there when i was 16 years old i went to the MVD to get an I.D for me under a friends name, Help please.

Denver, CO |

When i was 16 i went to get an I.D under a friends name, i used all his info, he was ok with it, the purpose was to be able to show I.D to get into 18+ nightclubs, etc.. I never used it to do anything else, and now i am ready to file for DACA (Deferred action for childhood arrivals) im scared when they do Biometrics, my face would show up with someone elses information, i was under age when i did this, could my case be suspended because of this? even though i was a minor? and if so, please help me, Thanks.

Ths I.D i got was at The MVD, not a fake made up one, it was valid.

It shouldn't.

This information is intended as general information only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship between me and the asker.

It should be OK.

But, you should have an immigration attorney do the DA-4-CA application.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

I agree with my colleagues who have provided you with excellent answers. However, you should consult with an immigration attorney to go over the specific facts of your case to determine the best course of action. Good luck.

Mr. Lorenzon's answer to your question does not establish an attorney client relationship, but rather is meant to share knowledge with the general public. For specific advise on your case, you need to consult one on one with an immigration attorney. Mr. Lorenzon can be reached at 216 573 7322 or at All initial constulations are free.