Immigration Matter:

Bellmore, NY |

In the United States Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, it is my tenet, that a matter was decided concerning the failure of [defense] counsel to appropriately apprise the defendant of the [immigration] outgrowths if found guilty after trial. After pouring over the U.S. Supreme Court ruling, in matter of Padilla v. Kentucky, I believe such ruling speaks directly to [immigration] consequences after a [guilty] plea. Accordingly, at this juncture, I am solely interested in the citation number of the cause matter that addresses counsel's failure to properly inform the defendant of the [immigration] consequences, if found guilty, after trial.

Citation for the Padilla case? 130 S. Ct. 1473 (2010)

This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes.

2. I am not sure that there is a better citation than Padilla v. Kentucky, 130 S. Ct. 1473 (2010)

3. It's a CPL 440 motion!

I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.