Immigration Matter:

Asked almost 2 years ago - Bellmore, NY

In the United States Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, it is my tenet, that a matter was decided concerning the failure of [defense] counsel to appropriately apprise the defendant of the [immigration] outgrowths if found guilty after trial. After pouring over the U.S. Supreme Court ruling, in matter of Padilla v. Kentucky, I believe such ruling speaks directly to [immigration] consequences after a [guilty] plea. Accordingly, at this juncture, I am solely interested in the citation number of the cause matter that addresses counsel's failure to properly inform the defendant of the [immigration] consequences, if found guilty, after trial.

1. Alena Shautsova

Pro

4

9

Best Answer

Answered . Citation for the Padilla case? 130 S. Ct. 1473 (2010)

2. Jay K Goldberg

4

1

Answered . I am not sure that there is a better citation than Padilla v. Kentucky, 130 S. Ct. 1473 (2010)

3. Joseph A Lo Piccolo

3

Answered . It's a CPL 440 motion!