Immigration Marriage Interview/ What to expect? Should I bring an Interpreter tho I can speak English? What NOT to do?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Seattle, WA

I have been dealing with a Deportation issue since last year. Had my Master hearing last May, 2012 and the Judge gave me one more year since I got married with an American Citizen while being in the Deportation situation. I was just finally called for the Immigration Interview in two week. I know if I get approved then I can try to cancel the deportation court next year. Even though the marriage is "Bon fide" I am a bit worried because I know it will not be so simple since I met my wife and got married DURING the Deportation situation. I have heard they will most likely put us in different rooms and everything. I know this is all related to me so I do not want to let my wife freak out and be concerned about it. What should I expect in the interview? Any good advice for me, please? Thanks!

1. Andre R. Olivie

5

Best Answer

Answered . If you speak English then I would not bring an interpreter. You really should hire an attorney to at the very least prepare you and attend the interview. They likely will only seperate you and your wife if you do not convince them at the first interview. If your relationship is genuine then you should have provided or should provide evidence of that.

Andre Olivie, Esq.
    www.olivielaw.com
    206-724-1940

2. Alena Shautsova

Pro

1

5

Answered . The best thing you can do for yourself at this point is to get a lawyer so she/he can prepare you and go with you to the interview. It's hard and impossible to conuslt you on the interview issues on this forum.

3. Tsirina Goroshit

Answered . You must get immigration attorney. As to interpreter depends on office but most places provide thier own at government expense.