Immigration marriage

Brooklyn, NY |

I'm an US citizen my husband is from Bulgaria we did marry in Bulgaria. Now he came to visit me with an b1/b2 visa and we applied for his green card from here, does he has to go back home or can he get/wait his green card here.

Thanks

Your husband can adjust his status in the U.S. (meaning obtain his permanent residency) considering he is meeting all other eligibility requirements. Please note though that at the time of the interview an officer may raise a dual intent issue since your husband entered as a B-1/B-2 non-immigrant. It is highly recommended to retain an immigration attorney to proceed with the case.

I agree with Attorney Gorinshteyn. It is possible that USCIS could question your husband about why he entered on a visitor visa if he is now applying for permanent resident status while in the USA. You definitely should consult with an immigration attorney about the situation.

(734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.

it all depends. Talk to an immigration attorney.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Marriage and prenups topics