Immigration judge I-751

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

If you received a notice to appear before the immigration judge, do you need to provide new documentation that was submitted on the I-751? do you need to provide docs just the 2 yrs of marriage or you can include additional docs beyond the 2 yr marriage to prove that the marriage is real and bona fide.

or the USCIS will forward the documents that you provided to the immigration judge?

Attorney answers (5)

  1. Answered . You need to submit to the immigration judge all of the documentation that you submitted to USCIS, plus any additional documentation that is requested by the judge. You need to consult with an immigration attorney and take an immigration attorney with you to court and to help you with this process. Do not go in front of the immigration judge alone.

    You may contact the Law Office of Robin J. Gray for further legal advice. Office (610) 689-0877; Fax (610) 689-... more
  2. 1

    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You need to plead to the notice to appear and request relief from removal. USCIS will not forward any documents or applications to the judge at all.

    The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an... more
  3. 1

    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . What you need is a lawyer.

    This is SUPER SERIOUS ... don't go in without a lawyer.

    Yes, your lawyer can provide additional evidence.

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It... more
  4. Answered . You'll need to provide the IJ with all the documents that you originally sent with the I-751. You should also include docs from before the marriage. The main question is whether, at the time of the marriage, you entered in good faith. Documents that show you had an established relationship prior to the marriage can help show intent at the time of marriage.

  5. Answered . No, you need to find a very competent counsel to handle this matter for you.

    DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general... more

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Green cards

A green card is a legal document which provides proof that the owner is a lawful permanent resident of the United States.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

34,097 answers this week

3,752 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

34,097 answers this week

3,752 attorneys answering