Immigration judge I-751

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

If you received a notice to appear before the immigration judge, do you need to provide new documentation that was submitted on the I-751? do you need to provide docs just the 2 yrs of marriage or you can include additional docs beyond the 2 yr marriage to prove that the marriage is real and bona fide.

or the USCIS will forward the documents that you provided to the immigration judge?

1. Answered . You need to submit to the immigration judge all of the documentation that you submitted to USCIS, plus any additional documentation that is requested by the judge. You need to consult with an immigration attorney and take an immigration attorney with you to court and to help you with this process. Do not go in front of the immigration judge alone.

2. 1

Answered . You need to plead to the notice to appear and request relief from removal. USCIS will not forward any documents or applications to the judge at all.

3. 1

Answered . What you need is a lawyer.

This is SUPER SERIOUS ... don't go in without a lawyer.

Yes, your lawyer can provide additional evidence.

4. Answered . You'll need to provide the IJ with all the documents that you originally sent with the I-751. You should also include docs from before the marriage. The main question is whether, at the time of the marriage, you entered in good faith. Documents that show you had an established relationship prior to the marriage can help show intent at the time of marriage.

5. Answered . No, you need to find a very competent counsel to handle this matter for you.