Skip to main content

Immigration hold.isap

Woodland Hills, CA |

I have a felony charge and was in jail for 40 days. They gave me 180 days and after 5 days of my court date the LA county releas
Me THEN ICE picked me up. I tot they gonna deport me but why in the world they released me and punt ankle brAcelet on me instead.geez! They put me under ISAP PROGRAM and i told them i wanna go home so they told me to go Straight to the immigration office tol let them know that im gonna cancel any court dates that i might have in the future and do the self deportation. but i failed cuz they told me that i cant just go there and tell them that im going home.they said that My ISAp officer should call the ERO to tell them that i wanna go home voluntarily and the ERO will gonna call tje immigration and let them know that i wannago home. Ayayay. im tired of wearing the bracelet. i dont know what to do. and i dont think the judge will give me a chance to stay in this country or to fix my papers

Attorney Answers 4


Get yourself an attorney. Please see

Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Mark as helpful

13 lawyers agree


Consult with an immigration attorney to discuss your case in greater detail. Attorney Shusterman is in your area and he is a highly regarded immigration attorney.

The information provided is intended for informational purposes only and should not substitute for the advice and counsel of an attorney. This information does not constitute legal advice. We ask that you consult with a lawyer, as your facts are unique and because each situation requires analysis from many different perspectives. We cannot be responsible if you rely on information based on this website without the consultation of an attorney.

Mark as helpful

5 lawyers agree

1 comment

Carl Michael Shusterman

Carl Michael Shusterman




Hire an excellent immigration lawyer at once.

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree


Its a good thing they released you. I highly suggest you retain an experienced immigration attorney ASAP!!! Take all of your criminal records with you to the interview so the attorney could determine the relief you are eligible for. Don't just assume the Judge will not allow you to remain in this country, you need to fight for your right to stay here!
Good Luck
You can always call 1.800.898.7180 put in your A# and find out if a hearing date has already been scheduled for you.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics