Immigration issue A Green Card naturalization applicant has moral convictions. Is it probable he will be denied?

Asked about 1 year ago - Cleveland, OH

Two convictions for domestic violence, (One in 1996 and One in 2011, the 2011 conviction currently has a motion to set aside pending)
DUI conviction 1996,
Is living separate from his sponsor, (No legal filings)
Has a civil case of sexual harassment against him in process,
Is attempting to engage in extramarital affairs with married women while he is still married.
History of "binge" drinking

Sorry, by a few of the responses it appears I was not clear. I am asking about a couple we know. We thought his wife and children were at risk of him being deported for his actions. As he is the supporting spouse, this will be a disaster for them. I know my wife will ask me, is there anything his wife can do now to protect herself by access to the assets he holds? Just as she tolerates the repeated abuse, (And usually does not report him), she also is steadfastly refusing to take this serious and seek an attorney to protect herself. He keeps telling her he knows what he is doing and it "Will be All Right!".

And hopefully she will listen. Can we ask an attorney to contact her and explain the danger she is in? Is that legal?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

13

1

Answered . A domestic violence conviction is a deportable offense. Please see

2. Boris Alexander Palant

4

1

Answered . Yes, it's probable.

3. Juan Paolo Pasia Sarmiento

1

Best Answer

Answered . Yes. CIS can look to more than 5 years fro GMC findings. The DV in 2011 will hurt, and may even be a deportable offense depending on the level. The sexual harassment case will also be a problem. Though it’s still “in process”, CIS may have to wait on that. Even then, the 2011 DV just happened 2 years ago. That certainly will be a problem.

4. F. J. Capriotti III

3

1

Answered . This will be a HUGE PROBLEM ... talk to an immigration lawyer in private .. have certified copies of all court/police records with you.

5. Robert Louis Brown

Pro

1

1

Answered . Yes. Retain an immigration attorney.

6. Angela Teide Moore

2

1

Answered . The convictions can most likely be a problem. Any time you have criminal issues, it's best that you seek the help of a competent attorney who can review your records and assist you.