Immigration interview question / In stoke

Uncasville, CT |

My wife and I was told that we would be getting a letter to go to an instoke interview and we did receive a letter and went for an interview but it was a I-130 interview. The officer asked me several questions and then my wife came in and asked her the same in front of me. The question I have is will we be going also for an in stoke interview or will this be the only one? Thanks for any help. I am a US citizen and she is from China under removal proceeding.

Sir, the "Stokes Interview" is when the USCIS calls you in for the I-130 interview, and then separates you to interview you. This happens when the USCIS believes there may be a fraudulent marriage or for instance if the petitioner (as your wife) is in deportation proceedings. They may ask you to come in for another interview on the I-130, but since they separated you for the interview you mentioned, this would be considered a Stokes Interview. Best of luck to you both.

Unfortunately, you did not provide enough information to intelligently answer your question. Was the I-130 approved or denied? What is your wife in removal proceedings? You would be wise, a minimum, to seek my legal advice of that of one of my esteemed colleagues. You are NOT going to get your answer here. Each case is very CASE SPECIFIC. I can be reached at either (770)955-785 or via e-mail at bob@bobeer.com. Hope this helps. Wishing you well. THINK IMMIGRATION - THINK BOB BEER.

This communication does not create an attorney client relationship. If I can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact me at any time at either (770)955-1785 or (678)576-9394 or via e-mail at bob@bobbeer.com. THINK IMMIGRATION - THINK BOB BEER

We have an attorney. We just went for the interview this week. The officer stated that they would send us a letter approved or not. Actually we got alot of info from this site/

Robert Henry Beer

Robert Henry Beer

While I glad that this site was helpful, I would suggest that you ask your attorney your questions. That is what you are paying him/her for.

This, unfortunately is what you get when you proceed on your own, without the expert guidance of an attorney in a removal proceedings situation.

You should have never had an I-130 interview. Now you will of course have yet another one..
The proper way to do this would have been for your (imaginary) attorney to negotiation with the lawyers representing ICE and have agree to stipulate to the termination of removal proceeding, and based on that have the immigration judge "terminate" all court proceedings to allow your wife to apply for adjustment with USCIS. You would have then had only one (1) I-485 interview, and if successful, your wife would have been admitted into lawful permanent residence at the conclusion of that interview. Your lawyer would have prepared you for the questions and would have been present with you during the interview process.

It is still not too late. Secure the services of a competent immigration lawyer in your neck of the woods!!

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Guess you did not read previous post but I do have an attorney not a imaginary one but a real money taking one. Don't know what you refer to as should not have an I -130 interview. We were told we are suppose to get a in stoke.

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Giacomo Jacques Behar

If the attorney knew what he/she was doing, he would have asked for the termination of the proceedings and then make sure you got only 1 interview, the I-485 one, Stokes or not, and not two interviews like you'll get now. This is the proper way of doing it, but not every attorney is experienced enough to know all of this.

Marriage and prenups topics