Immigration interview

Lancaster, CA |

I met my wife 7 years ago we hAve been married for two. She was at the time 13 and I was 20. During the interview can I get in trouble if we say that. Since she was a minor at the time. She is now 20 and I 27. we didn't have intercourse until the night of our wedding.

1. I think you answered your own question. You never had intercourse and just because you met when you were minors doesn't mean you broke the law. Moreover, you consummated your marriage on your wedding night when she was of age. Statutory rape laws are a state law question, so be sure to contact a local immigration attorney so he or she can prepare you for your interview.

2. Nope.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

3. Please consider hiring an immigration attorney to accompany you to the interview. An immigration attorney will be able to help you address unique facts such as yours, facilitate your interview, and help calm your nerves during an experience that many couples find stressful. Best wishes.

Los Angeles Attorney Theodore Huang, Esq. This is not legal advice. No attorney/client relationship is established. Attorney Huang is licensed in MD; practice limited to federal law.

Marriage and prenups topics