Immigration Interview?

Asked over 2 years ago - San Diego, CA

I am currently in Mexico waiting for my Green card renewal appointment in March. I was sent here 2 years ago and was married with a child.. My wife and i have decided not to be married anymore. When i go to my interview in March and let them know of this matter, will this delay the process of me getting my green card renewed and coming back to the states to work and support my young daughter?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

15

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.

2. Sean Lewis

4

Answered . It is unclear by your question, exactly what your situation is. If you have been outside the U.S. over a year and did not apply for a re-entry permit, set up your life and home in Mexico for even less than a year-you may have abandoned your residency. If so, you appear to be applying for a new immigrant visa (unclear). If your "nenewal appointment" is an application based on your marriage which is no longer viable or existant, you cannot seek a visa based on that marriage. I would consult with an immigration attorney right away. We are available if you wish to contact us and may be able to help. Law Offices of Sean Lewis 615.646.6002.

3. Philip Alan Eichorn

4

Answered . I'm unsure why your were "sent" to Mexico. As well, it is unclear why you are in Mexico for a renewal of a green card. I'd suggest you retain a lawyer and fully discuss this matter with him/her.