Immigration inquiry for my friend!

Gilroy, CA |

My friend is an international student and he has maintained his status throughout.

Recently,he got married to a U.S.C in good faith and even i attended the marriage along with other friends and his wife's parents and relatives.

He has sent his AOS package today but he don't want to register this quarter though the school starts monday.

Just wanted to know can he stay in U.S. if he don't register and goes out of status this quarter and attend the marriage interview?

Can he get some sort of document from USCIS to show that he can stay till a decision is made on his application?

1. Your friend, in my professional opinion, is being both foolish and risky. Even if he is now married to a U.S. citizen, he is still subject to removal (a/k/a deportation) for being out of legal status in the country. It is always better to be safe than sorry. What if his marriage falls apart tomorrow and his wife withdraws her I-130? What if his wife gets hit by car and dies tomorrow? Your friend will be up the creek without a paddle. Not a good idea at all. If your friend wants to gamble, let him go to Las Vegas (in legal status).

This communication does not create an attorney client relationship. If I can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact me at any time at either (770)955-1785 or (678)576-9394 or via e-mail at bob@bobbeer.com. THINK IMMIGRATION - THINK BOB BEER

2. If his case was filed, he will get receipts from USCIS and eventually a work card. He may want to consider hiring a lawyer ASAP
    For more info
    www.immigrate2usa.com

Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 www.immigrate2usa.com Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 nfleischer@immigrate2usa.com Enjoy our Blog at http://immigrate2usa.blogspot.com/

3. Feel free ot call us to discuss this case. We would need further information but if he is married ot a USC in good faith and has filed his application for a green card, he probably does not have ot maintain his student status.

Marriage and prenups topics