Immigration implication of arrest record

Asked about 3 years ago - Manassas, VA

I am a green card holder. Last year I was wrongfully arrested and charged with assault on family member. But the charge was dismissed in court later. Now I am doing expungement for the arrest record. I'd like to ask about the implication of the whole thing even with the arrest record expunged. Does it have any effect on future green card renew or citizenship application? Do I need to hire an immigration lawyer at this point? Thanks.

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

9

1

Best Answer

Answered . A person is considered innocent unless proven guilty. If all charges against you were dismissed, your arrest will not affect your green card renewal or your naturalization.

You do not need an attorney to solve this matter.

Please see

2. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . I agree with Mr. Shusterman. However, you should keep a copy of all documents pertaining to the matter in case USCIS requests the disposition of the matter when you apply for naturalization.