Immigration I-130 spouse application as permanent resident, adjustment of status, do minor traffic violations affect application

Asked about 6 years ago - Los Angeles, CA

I want to fix my husband papers i'm a US citizen but i'm 19yrs old and he has tickets pending to pay what can we do?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Annaluisa Padilla

    Contributor Level 10


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . There is no question that your husband should take care of these "tickets" he has pending as soon as possible. Most traffic violations do not affect the family petition process. However, how many, how recent, and what kind, may be relevant in the process. In addition, there are still many facts missing that could affect the process. Consult with an immigration attorney in your area and discuss all the facts pertaining to your hsuband even if you think they may not be relevant.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,442 answers this week

2,982 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,442 answers this week

2,982 attorneys answering