Immigration I-130/I-485 first interview: do you usually attend w client? in what cases yes, what cases no?

San Leandro, CA |

thank you!

1. Yes, in all cases where I am the attorney of record who prepared and filed the AOS application. For those dates when I happen to have a conflict or will travel, clients usually agree to have me reset the interview date.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

2. yes

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

3. We attend most interviews, especially if there are any issues (e.g., convictions, previous marriages, etc.)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

4. If I'm allowed to be there, then I am there. While I think the preparation is most important, things can go sideways in a hurry. Since I know the case inside and out, I can usually clear up any confusion or incorrect answers that might come out from nerves or something else. And besides, that is what you pay me to do: fight for you at all stages of the process.

Thomas J. Baker
    Sacramento Immigration Attorney
    http://www.wigonlaw.com
    916-447-8975

Law Office of Daniel M. Wigon - 916-447-8975. This should not be taken as legal advice. Consult with a local attorney before making a decision that could adversely affect your rights.

5. If I am representing the client then I or another attorney from my office will go with them to their USCIS interview, even if there are no issues. When people go unrepresented, examiners can sometimes be rude or inappropriate or cause delays simply because they have not reviewed the file. I can often help avoid these problems.

6. I attend most interview with my clients irrespective of complexity.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.

7. In clean cases where client (no criminal issues, etc).doesn't want me to attend the interviews go well and most officers are thoughtful and nice.