Immigration hearing

Asked over 1 year ago - Hollywood, FL

If you had an individual hearing and it was reset for a master hearing what does this mean? Why would they reset another master again?

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

8

1

Answered . There are many reasons your case could have been reset for a Master Calendar Hearing. The immigration judge could have been changed do to retirement, leave of absence, or transfer. The case could be transferred from a detained court to a no-detained court upon release of the alien. There could be a change in the relief requested. A request could have been made by either side to adjourn the Individual Merits Hearing and it was set for a Master Calendar Hearing to ensure it is ready to proceed.

If you have an attorney, I would encourage you to contact your current attorney about the change in hearing. Your attorney would know the facts of your specific cases better than any attorney on this forum. However, if you do not have an immigration attorney, I would encourage you to consult an experienced immigration attorney. He or she could review your facts and provide a better assessment of what is happening as well as what steps you can take to move forward on your case.

2. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

5

1

Answered . It could mean any number of things - the judge has a conflict, the judge is retiring or moving... It could be reset to another master, but more likely THIS master is for the purpose of scheduling another individual date.

3. Irene Vaisman

5

Answered . Both of my colleagues are correct. I hope you are working with an attorney and if not, I strongly recommend retaining one to help you with the removal proceedings and maximizing your chances of success.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
  4. Michael M. Yalovenko

Pro

3

Answered . I agree with my respected colleagues!

5. Kyndra L. Mulder

Pro

1

Answered . There are a number of possible reasons. I hope that you have an experienced immigration attorney representing you in court and that attorney can tell you the reason.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now