Immigration Guidance!

Asked over 1 year ago - Houston, TX

Good Afternoon,

I'm adjusting my status after marrying a U.S. citizen and we are scheduled for the interview next month end.

The interview notice gives a checklist of the documentation to be brought to the interview.

One such requirement is "All documentation establishing your eligibility for Lawful Permanent Resident Status".

What documentation is this?

it will be a great guidance and help from the legal community if someone can throw some light on this.

Thanking you.

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

16

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.

2. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

8

Answered . There is no single answer to this question as every case is different. Generally speaking you need to prove the bona fide nature of your marriage (real marriage and not a "Green Card marriage"), your legal entry or any exception for which you qualify, no disqualifying criminal record... I would suggest you sit down with an attorney and discuss your case in person.

3. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

8

Answered . Your interview notification letter already contains a laundry list of documents, please READ it.

By "all such documentation....." it is meant ANY documentation (receipts, applications, bills, payments, credit card/bank statements, medical, car insurance payments, etc.) which have BOTH your names as living or paying together.

4. Haroen Calehr

Pro

2

Answered . You may want to consider either consulting an attorney prior to the interview (I am in Houston for your convenience) or having one accompany you and your husband to the actual adjustment interview OR as Attorney Behar states, read the exhaustive list and bring whatever you can fulfill from that list.