Immigration guidance ...Houston!

Houston, TX |

Attended GC Marriage interview....the officer kept all the bank,credit card statements,internet bills,rental agreement,wedding and honeymoon pics,and travel documents and honeymoon stay receipts at various hotels with her.....She was nice and it all took 15-20 minutes.

Told us to expect a decision pretty soon...

Is this all a normal happening in Houston USCIS?

I agree with my colleagues. Not only is it "normal", it sounds like you we're well prepared and presented a package that was helpful to the interviewer. Clearly documenting the marital relationship helps to overcome "the presumption." Good luck to you.

2. Completely normal. You should expect a decision within 30 - 60 days.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.

3. Yes, it's normal. I wouldn't worry at this point.

If you appreciate the time spent preparing this answer, kindly consider marking it BEST ANSWER or HELPFUL. Also, please be sure to read my disclaimer below. Good luck to you.

Dean P. Murray
    The Murray Law Firm
    560 Sylvan Avenue
    Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
    T: (201)875-2600
    F: (201)549-8700

Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely on this response. Mr. Murray's response was generated without conducting a full inquiry as would occur during a face to face attorney-client consultation. It is likely that the response above may be made less accurate, or become entirely inaccurate, as you, i.e. the questioner, disclose additional facts that should only be discussed during a private consultation with an attorney. I strongly recommend that you consult an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state (or, in the case of immigration law, and attorney in ANY state), whereupon all relevant facts will be discussed. All responses posted by Mr. Murray on Avvo.com are intended as general information for the education of the public, and not for any specific individual.

4. Perfectly normal.

The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. Please consult an attorney prior to making legal decisions. Visit us at www.tunitskylaw.com. Contact us at 713.335.5505 or email at veronica@tunitskylaw.com. Veronica Tunitsky offers in-person, as well as telephone and email consultations.