Immigration guidance ...Houston!

Attended GC Marriage interview....the officer kept all the bank,credit card statements,internet bills,rental agreement,wedding and honeymoon pics,and travel documents and honeymoon stay receipts at various hotels with her.....She was nice and it all took 15-20 minutes. Told us to expect a decision pretty soon... Is this all a normal happening in Houston USCIS?

Houston, TX -

J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Immigration Attorney - Houston, TX

I agree with my colleagues. Not only is it "normal", it sounds like you we're well prepared and presented a package that was helpful to the interviewer. Clearly documenting the marital relationship helps to overcome "the presumption." Good luck to you.

Theodore John Murphy

Theodore John Murphy

Immigration Attorney - West Chester, PA

Completely normal. You should expect a decision within 30 - 60 days.

Veronica Tunitsky

Veronica Tunitsky

Immigration Attorney - Houston, TX

Perfectly normal.

Dean P Murray

Dean P Murray

Immigration Attorney - Hoboken, NJ

Yes, it's normal. I wouldn't worry at this point.

If you appreciate the time spent preparing this answer, kindly consider marking it BEST ANSWER or HELPFUL. Also, please be sure to read my disclaimer below. Good luck to you.

Dean P. Murray
The Murray Law Firm
560 Sylvan Avenue
Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
T: (201)875-2600
F: (201)549-8700