Immigration Filling fees for i-751

Aurora, CO |

I wish to file i-751 Application form to remove conditions on my residency and that of my daughter who is a conditioner resident. I want to include my daughter as a dependent beneficiary on the same Application. I am confused as to how much to be paid. I understand the Filling fee is $505 plus $85 Biometric fee (totalled $590). The questions are: i) Do I need to pay $590(being Filling fee plus Biometric)for self and ONLY additional $85 for my kid as Biometric fee; making the total for two of us to be $675? OR (ii) Do I need to pay $590 each for the two of us? Your kind advice will be highly appreciated. Regards

You do not file an I-751 for your daughter. It is only filed for the spouse with the conditional residence.

The critical issue is the age of the child. If the child is under 14, no biometric fee is necessary. If the child is over 14 but still a dependent included in the petition, then a fee is necessary. There is only one filing fee necessary.

I agree with my colleagues.

Please see

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Recommended articles about Immigration