Skip to main content

Immigration custom enforcement question.if arrested by immigration custom inforcement

Warsaw, IN |

I am greencard holder since2006.was convicted class D felony of fraud worth $ jail time but was on probation for 9month,which end next week. 1st question is will they arrest me or if I am coming from my homeland they will detain me at the airport,if ICE do can I bond my self out.i have money in my bank account and if I use my credit card or if attorney can use my credit card or bank card with my authorization to bond me out.i don,t have any body who can send large amount of money for my bond.i will keep my bank cards with me in cause immigration arrest me.or if I can not use my bank card,their is any other way for me to bond out or get myself out of immigration much is possible that immigration will arrest me.please can someone answer these question. thanks

Attorney Answers 5


It sounds like you should consult with an immigration attorney about advice about your individual situation. Your felony involves fraud (a crime of moral turpitude) so it could trigger placing you into removal proceedings. Whether or not you will be placed into detention may depend on your immigration history, but chances are you will be allowed to stay at your residence if you are placed into removal proceedings as long as you are not a flight risk. - Disclaimer: This a general answer to your legal question. Unless you have a signed engagement letter with me, you should not consider this information to be legal advice.

Mark as helpful

8 lawyers agree


You need to take certificate of disposition and minutes of guilty plea and consult with an Immigration attorney. Do not leave the country without the consultation. You can choose and attorney and make an arrangement with him/her as to your payments if you need it (like an escrow account).

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova

Mark as helpful

9 found this helpful

7 lawyers agree


My colleagues are correct ... you need to consult with an immigration attorney.

You have too many complicated questions for an internet blog like Avvo

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

Mark as helpful

7 lawyers agree


I agree with my colleagues about your need to contact an attorney directly, and to do so with disposition documents (for this and for any other prior arrests you may have had) so that he or she can fully advise you about your situation.

I also agree that your question may cover too many possibilities to be able to be answered on a page like Avvo - which is why it's important for you to discuss this directly with an attorney. For example, in some cases, a Permanent Resident returning from a trip abroad may find himself in custody without bond for a crime that - if he had never left the US - would not even make him deportable; in other cases, a crime that makes someone deportable would not create any difficulty for someone returning from a trip abroad. An attorney will be able to determine the consequences of your particular crime and advise you accordingly about your options in various situations. Good luck! - 312.641.0771 - The information above is general in nature and is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship between us. It is intended simply as background material, is current only as of its indicated date, and may not include important details and special rules that could be applicable to your case. You should consult an attorney directly before acting or refraining from action.

Mark as helpful

6 lawyers agree


I agree with my colleagues here. You need to consult an experienced immigration attorney. At Brandt immigration we have over 10 years experience successfully representing clients facing deportation and removal.

Chad M. Brandt
Brandt Immigration

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics