Immigration court requires me to bring my passport and birth certificate for my next individual hearing. Why?

Hilton Head Island, SC |
Filed under: Immigration court

Thats about it

1. Without knowing anything further about your case, most likely so that the "assistant district counsel", meaning the prosecutor, the attorney representing ICE can TAKE IT AWAY FROM YOU and place it in his/her file at ICE counsel's office desk until the conclusion of the removal proceedings they placed you into. Better make copies of BOTH documents prior to giving anything to the ICE counsel.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

2. You would be well served having an immigration attorney help you at the hearing.

Our replies to Avvo questions should not be considered specific legal advice to any individual, and no attorney-client relationship is formed with you. Our aim is to provide general principles that may be useful to the Avvo community as a whole. You should seek individual legal advice pertaining to your specific factual situation, and the laws applicable to your jurisdiction. Moore & Moore Attorneys at Law -- thelaw@mytrustedlawyer.com

3. I agree with my colleagues, make copies and make sure you are represented by an attorney.

The information on this website is not intended to be legal advice.

4. If you have an individual hearing in removal proceedings you better have a lawyer. And then this question is best posed to your attorney.