Immigration court requires me to bring my passport and birth certificate for my next individual hearing. Why?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Hilton Head Island, SC

Thats about it

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

3

Answered . Without knowing anything further about your case, most likely so that the "assistant district counsel", meaning the prosecutor, the attorney representing ICE can TAKE IT AWAY FROM YOU and place it in his/her file at ICE counsel's office desk until the conclusion of the removal proceedings they placed you into. Better make copies of BOTH documents prior to giving anything to the ICE counsel.

2. Raphael Samuel Moore

3

Answered . You would be well served having an immigration attorney help you at the hearing.

3. Chong Hae Ye

Pro

2

Answered . I agree with my colleagues, make copies and make sure you are represented by an attorney.

The information on this website is not intended to be legal advice.
  4. Philip Alan Eichorn

2

Answered . If you have an individual hearing in removal proceedings you better have a lawyer. And then this question is best posed to your attorney.