Immigration case pending for 8 months now,two time info pass appointment and we called several times

Asked 7 months ago - Chicago, IL

Married to a USC for almost 2 years now ,interview was 8 months ago, didn't receive anything from USCIS yet , the first info pass we were told to wait its within the normal processing time, and the second one were told the case is pending due to security checks ..just wondering what security checks are? I went to school and applied for a job and they both did security check on me and came back clean ,so whats this one about ? I am from Morocco,How long does that security check usually take ?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

17

1

Answered . It can take a very long time. If so, have your lawyer file a Petition for a writ of Mandamus in federal court.

2. Stephen D. Berman

7

Answered . It could go on indefinitely. If your name is remotely similar to one on a terrorism checklist, you may need to file a lawsuit to get the application processed. I suggest following up for a full year before filing a petition for writ of mandamus.

3. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

8

Answered . Security checks can pretty much take up years if USCIS wants to stall your case and not grant you the green card. Consider hiring an attorney and filing a Mandamus action in federal court to compel Immigration to act.

4. Stephanie Elizabeth Gibbs

5

Answered . Understand that immigration security checks are more thorough and can take substantially longer than school or employment background checks. As my colleagues have stated, it can pend indefinitely. After one year, contact an immigration attorney to consider a mandamus suit (getting a Federal Court judgment to force the agency to make a decision on your case).

5. Gunda Johanna Brost

Pro

4

Answered . A security check involves running your name and fingerprints through databases to check if there is anything questionable in your background. If it takes too long consider hiring an immigration attorney to compel action. That being said, 8 months doesn't seem unusually long.

6. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

2

Answered . Without filing a mandamus the situation will not be expedited as you hope.