Immigration Birth Certificate..

I am applying for AOS and my birth certificate is not up to the standard.

I searched from the "Country Reciprocity Schedule(India)" as directed by an esteemed attorney that i need to submit affidavits from my parents.

I wanted to know is there any special legal document/paper on which these affidavits have to be typed?

I saw the question you asked earlier, and that this is now a follow up question. You shouldn't rely on AVVO, internet research, and self-help as a substitute for actual legal representation. You really do need an attorney to assist you from this point forward. The last thing you want is to make a mistake that results in your deportation.

THIS ANSWER IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY, DOES NOT CONSTITUTE LEGAL ADVICE, AND DOES NOT CREATE AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP. Immigration is complicated and the wrong action can have serious consequences. Never take action in your case based solely on general information like is offered here. Speak to an attorney who can give you specific advice about your own situation.

Respected Atty Allen, I appreciate your guidance. But can you please explain how an alien can be deported if there is something missing in Birth certificate and the person has maintained a legal status always? I heard that USCIS asks for RFE if something is missing but no one ever told me that they deport immediately.

Emily Katherine Allen

Emily Katherine Allen

I didn't say they deport immediately. But anyone can be deported if he or she applies for a green card, has the application denied, and is not in lawful status. You have not said what your immigration status is in the United States. The bottom line: the stakes are HIGH and making a mistake will delay things (at best) or cause serious problems with you staying in the United States. Invest in an attorney. You're here asking attorneys what to do because you identify that you need legal advice...go all the way and have an attorney take over.

Emily Katherine Allen

Emily Katherine Allen

Oh, and if you are in lawful NONIMMIGRANT status and your green card application is denied, your NIV status will likely either be revoked for having exhibited immigrant intent, you'll be denied re-entry after travel, or any efforts to renew will be unsuccessful (for the same reason). Again, there's a lot at stake for you.

Again, thanks a lot for the guidance.How can i get my marriage based AOS case evaluated from you before proceeding with paper work?

Emily Katherine Allen

Emily Katherine Allen

You're welcome to contact me privately if you'd like to discuss setting up a consultation. Just click my picture and use the contact information on my profile.

Too much is at stake to make an error. Speak with an attorney.

Our replies to Avvo questions should not be considered specific legal advice to any individual, and no attorney-client relationship is formed with you. Our aim is to provide general principles that may be useful to the Avvo community as a whole. You should seek individual legal advice pertaining to your specific factual situation, and the laws applicable to your jurisdiction. If you want that advice from us, contact us at thelaw@mytrustedlawyer.com.

No, but notorize and if any other people witnessed the birth, have them do an affidavit as well.

Birth certificate topics