Skip to main content

Immigration Birth Certificate..

Los Angeles, CA |

I am applying for AOS and my birth certificate is not up to the standard.

I searched from the "Country Reciprocity Schedule(India)" as directed by an esteemed attorney that i need to submit affidavits from my parents.

I wanted to know is there any special legal document/paper on which these affidavits have to be typed?

Attorney Answers 3

  1. I saw the question you asked earlier, and that this is now a follow up question. You shouldn't rely on AVVO, internet research, and self-help as a substitute for actual legal representation. You really do need an attorney to assist you from this point forward. The last thing you want is to make a mistake that results in your deportation.

    THIS ANSWER IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY, DOES NOT CONSTITUTE LEGAL ADVICE, AND DOES NOT CREATE AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP. Immigration is complicated and the wrong action can have serious consequences. Never take action in your case based solely on general information like is offered here. Speak to an attorney who can give you specific advice about your own situation.

  2. Too much is at stake to make an error. Speak with an attorney.

    Our replies to Avvo questions should not be considered specific legal advice to any individual, and no attorney-client relationship is formed with you. Our aim is to provide general principles that may be useful to the Avvo community as a whole. You should seek individual legal advice pertaining to your specific factual situation, and the laws applicable to your jurisdiction. If you want that advice from us, contact us at

  3. No, but notorize and if any other people witnessed the birth, have them do an affidavit as well.

Birth certificate topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics