Immigration bill

Long Beach, CA |
Filed under: Immigration

Hey guys what ever happened to the h.r.713 keeping family's together act bill. Is it still under review or is it dead? I just want to know because the aggravated felonie immigration law is to harsh, and is there any bill that you guys know of that is trying to repeal or change these harsh laws to make it fair? Thanks and have a great weekend.

sponsered by Bob Filner d-ca in 2011

This bill is still in the committee stage. I wouldn't count on seeing any legislative immigration reform until after the 2012 election, if then.

Don't hold your breathe. No significant immigration legislation has been approved Congress this session.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

I would almost guarentee there will be no action on any immigration bill before the election. Is is too hot a topic and the politicians don't want to touch it one way or the other.

Obama did take some action on the judicial discresion issue.However, you will likely not see for a long time or never see any such discretion in regard to aggravated felons. Most voters are for deporting criminals.

Its like going to visit someone in their home. They catch you stealing their silverware they are going to ask you to leave and not invite you back again.