Skip to main content

Immigration attorneys please help, concerning Deffered action for childhood arrivals.

Fort Collins, CO |

I have a friend whom is applying for Deffered action, however when he was 17 or 18 years old he got an i.d under a friends name, so he could get into nightclubs etc.. and now would this affect him with immigration purposes? he's never been charged for anything, and never used the i.d for anything illegal, no charges, his friend did consent to let him do that, now he is scared that when he submits his imformation, fingerprints, and biometrics that might come up with immigration, i thank you in advance for reading this lenghty question, Please help, Thanks.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


It shouldn't. But, it is a good idea to consult with an immigration attorney locally to help your friend with DACA. There is no appeal for DACA so he needs to do it right from the first shot. Good luck.

This information is intended as general information only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship between me and the asker.


1. He should be OK
2. He should meet with an attorney.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.



So if he got an id under his friends name, that means that when the rightfull owner goes and tryes to get an id the other dudes pic will pop up and that is cocidered fraud my friend. So that is a huge problem pal

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III


You have the right to your opinion. My theory remains: Unless and until arrested and convicted for identity theft and/or fraud ... your friend .... with the help of an attorney ... and providing full disclosure on the names he used ..can file for DACA.


My colleagues are correct. There should not be a problem.

Guerra Saenz, PL--Immigration Attorneys (954) 434-5800. This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer