Immigration adjustment of status through marriage case pending question!!

Asked over 1 year ago - Katy, TX

my case is been pending for more than 5 months after the interview in local dallas uscis.went to infopass and lady says my case is with a different officer now .why is the adjucations taking longer.can someone with a familiar case give me a advice.and is it the local office taking forever can someone with experience with dallas uscis give me insight.

1. Haroen Calehr

Pro

1

Answered . Dallas is a problem office both for USCIS, the Immigration court, etc. They just like to be difficult in Dallas. They're investigating more so it appears that Houston for instance and also coming to couples homes to check on their cohabitation. If you do not hear anything in another 90 days I would hire an AILA attorney to follow up on your case using AILA liaison or the special status inquiry procedures through email for attorneys and try to find out what the problem is with your case. Sometimes its a "name check" issue where your background check is pending with the FBI, etc but who knows. Good luck.

2. Rebecca Saldana

Answered . Yes, Mr. Calehr is correct I have had recent clients investigated by agents calling family and employers to verify marriage and cohabitation. You should hire counsel.

3. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

1

Answered . I agree with my colleague