Immigration adjustment of status medical

Asked about 1 year ago - Fairfield, CT

What does the medical consist of? Is there a template to bring to a doctor? My fiance is Irish and we will be married in June, so we wanted to know what he needs in terms of the medical, and can he get it done in Ireland?

Additional information

He is coming on a h2b non-immigrant working visa next month, then we will get married in June and then file the appropriate forms. Does the medical examination need to be done here? or can it be done in Ireland (it would be cheaper for him to do it at home)

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Alexander Joseph Segal


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Consult with an attorney or research on

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866)... more
  2. Tripti Sharad Sharma

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Are you applying for an immigrant visa abroad or is the beneficiary here in the U.S. seeking adjustment of status?

    This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known.... more
  3. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Where the medical exam is done depends on whether the person is adjusting status, or processing for an immigrant visa.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more
  4. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . The medical examination includes a review of the applicant's medical history, physical examination, chest X-ray, and blood tests. The physical examination will at least include examination of the eyes, ears, nose and throat, extremities, heart, lungs, abdomen, lymph nodes, skin, and external genitalia. The authorized physician will either give the applicant the medical examination results to hand-carry to the visa interview or will send the results directly to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Yes.

    Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 www.... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,824 answers this week

2,752 attorneys answering

Legal Dictionary

Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.

Browse our legal dictionary