Immigration about the obama policy please help.

Fort Worth, TX |

I came to the United State when i was 5 years old,
got my high school diploma
currently attending college, and have obtain an associate degree
got all my paper work ready.
I also want to apply for dental hygienist in tcc wonder how they do background check
One things is I am afraid is when i was 14 year old i went to shoplifting at fry's electronics and was caught for shoplifting, didnt not get arrested but was fined of 400 dollars, the police had me and my friend finger print, was told that we was going to get a court date in a month but never seen the court date, but me and my friend got fined for 400 to for damaging fry's property and we paid it.. FYI my friend now is in Pharmacist school so can someone tell me if im still qualify.. will be going to a lawyer soon...

When you retain an experienced immigration attorney, have him her request a certified disposition (if any exists).

The regulations for the deferred action program have not been provided yet, but a conviction of certain crimes will disqualify you.

You were fingerprinted. If this new policy requires biometrics (for you to get your fingerprints taken), your fingerprints (old fingerprints) could match in the system, and a conviction will pop up. Have your attorney obtain the certified dispositions and vet out the case.

VOSBIKIAN & VOSBIKIAN, L.L.C. (856) 755-1400, e-mail: ssvosbikian@voslaw.com - Offices in Atlantic City, Cherry Hill, Newark, and Trenton, NJ. Please consult with a licensed immigration professional to provide you with a thorough legal advice. This response is not a substitute for specific legal advice and it should not be construed to create an attorney-client relationship. Please visit and share this site: www.voslaw.com

wouldnt i be a minor, and could i get rid of the issues if i have one, and would qualify and apply?? please lmk thanks

can i expungement the issues and still can apply??

Steven Sahag Vosbikian

Steven Sahag Vosbikian

I don't understand this question but... In immigration law, the fact that you were a juvenile does not excuse the issue. If you were convicted, it still constitutes a conviction, notwithstanding the fact that you were under 18.

Steven Sahag Vosbikian

Steven Sahag Vosbikian

I assure you, an expungement WILL NOT CURE IT - this is a common misconception. This is why you need to retain an experienced immigration attorney.

oh alright thanks

You will need to address your criminal history right away. For more general information about Obama's policy, let me know what you think of this video.

Gregory

Attorney Sheehan and www.myeasyvisa.com do not acknowledge any Attorney-Client relationship here on avvo.com. These answers are general and for reference purposes only.

it good.. but could i get rid of the issues about frys??

wouldnt i be a minor when this happen??

Gregory Patrick Sheehan

Gregory Patrick Sheehan

Its too early to give you rock solid advice actually because all we have right now is a broad statement and a lot of wishful thinking and unanswered questions. We will know more when the US formally unveils the procedure, at which point I can give you a better answer if you are still looking for one.

In addition to agreeing with the other attorneys, I would note that "the obama policy" is only a policy. It is not a law and it can be changed by the President at any time.

For a consultation, e-mail adam@fw-pc.com to set up an appointment. This answer is provided based on limited facts and does not create an attorney-client relationship, nor should it be relied on as legal advice. It is only a generalized, cursory examination and is not a substitute for retaining a licensed attorney.

interesting, btw do you know if i could apply for dental hygienist at my current school? and should i do something about my shoplifting issues??? i mean could it be resolve is what im trying ask your colleagues.

Adam Gregory Masserang

Adam Gregory Masserang

You can apply, but I can't say what they will think about the criminal charge. I am licensed in Michigan. While the federal immigration laws apply to all states, the shoplifting charge is a state issue and so you should consult with a Texas criminal defense attorney.

thank you thank you for the info

i know i ask the other attorney but does it matter if i was an minor as of 14 year old at the current time???

Adam Gregory Masserang

Adam Gregory Masserang

Yes it matters. Minors are treated differently than adults, but I don't know enough about Texas law to confidently say what the difference would be for you.

it was also my first time being caught, first offender??

Adam Gregory Masserang

Adam Gregory Masserang

Possibly. In MI it varies by crime; I assume that it would vary in Texas too but I don't know for certain.

Adam Gregory Masserang

Adam Gregory Masserang

I should clarify: when I said that being a minor mattered, I was referring to the criminal conviction, not to the effect on your immigration status or to your ability to qualify under the new policy. There are still a lot of details about the new policy that we don't know yet (that haven't been announced or determined).

sorry for asking too much question, but i been trying to ask, im i able to get rid of the conviction, and still be able to be qualify?? no body answering my question.

Education law topics