Immigration

Asked over 2 years ago - Orlando, FL

When we had an argument my wife called the police. there was no arrest or other criminal proceeding. But the officer told us he would refer it to the state attorney's office. Later the state attorney's office called my wife and told her that they decided not to proceed or charge. I was not received any kind of info on it. Now i am going for my citizenship interview. I checked with the courts records office to get a proof that there was no charge filed. they said they can give a copy only if it was filed, mine was not even filed. I have only the police report with me. Is that enough.? my question is where can I get a letter from stating there was nothing against me.

thank

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

12

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.

2. Luis Alberto Guerra

Pro

4

Answered . From State Attorney's Office.
    Luis A. Guerra, Esq.
    Law Office of Luis A. Guerra, PA
    Atrium Centre
    4801 South University Dr., Suite 252
    Fort Lauderdale, FL 33328
    (954)434-5800
    www.guerralegal.com

3. Stephanie Scarborough

3

Answered . I agree with my colleague. You can request the letter from the State's Attorney office. You can also consult an immigration attorney who may assist you in obtaining a record of the arrest and disposition and further evaluate your naturalization case for any other issues.

4. Kyndra L. Mulder

Pro

1

Answered . Since you have already filed, and this arrest is a current event, you need to supplement your file with the USCIS as soon as possible. If you will remember on the N-400 it asked if you have ever been arrested. You have now been arrested - though not charged by the State. You need to supplement what you have filed with the additional evidence including the police report and a certified statement from the the State Attorney - filing - that they did not and will not file charges against you.

In the event that you are naturalizing through your marriage, the adjudicating officer may have additonal questions regarding the event and the stability of your marriage.

Also, any type of admission on your part that may be stated in the police report or else where in the record can be considered as an action that disqualifies you on the grounds of failure to meet the good moral character. When dealig with the USCIS a cnviction is not required for the adjudicating officer to make this finding.

I strongly suggest you work with an experienced immigration attorney who can prepare your file, assist you in preperation for your NATZ interview and attend the interview with you.

My office is located across the street from the USCIS in Jacksonville. I can assist you if you wish. Call my office between 8:30 A.M. and 5:00 P.M. Monday through Friday to schedule a consultation.

Kyndra L. Mulder, Esquire
    The Mulder Law Office, P.A.
    4110 Southpoint Boulevard
    Suite 101
    Jacksonville, Florida 32216

telephone: (904) 296-7702
    fax: (904) 281 -9108
    email: immigration@MulderLawOffice.cm