Immigration

Asked over 2 years ago - New York, NY

I had master hearing and my clock is stop, my attorney doesnt know why my clock is stopped. Why it happened? What can be done?

1. Ilona Dzhamgarova

6

1

Best Answer

Answered . Some of the judges stop the clock if your record is not seal. Its possible that your attorney said that he will provide more supporting document for your case and some judges dont seal record and stop the clock. Ask your lawyer whether or not he sealed the record. Otherwise he must write a letter to the judge to release the clock.

2. Luis Alberto Guerra

Pro

6

Answered . Have to speak with your lawyer, he knows all the facts of your case.
    Sent on the SprintĀ® Now Network from my BlackBerry

3. C. C. Abbott

6

Answered . My colleagues are correct. You need to consult with an experienced immigration attorney who can advocate for you to the Immigration Court as well as provide you with a legal opinion. The Federal Government has an attorney who advocates for them and thus it is always advisable the alien also have legal counsel to assist.

4. Eugene J. Glicksman

3

Answered . There is not enough information in your question to give you an answer. The clock could be stopped for something as simple as the case being adjourned. Your attorney should be able to tell you why the clock is stopped.

Good luck!

5. Christian Schmidt

4

Answered . The clock is stopped if you cause a delay by asking for continuance.