Asked over 6 years ago - Lakeview, OR

My boyfriend got deported from the U.S. becuase of Domestic Violence. Now him and I are going to get married. Is there any way possible to get him legal status in the U.S?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Philip Alan Eichorn

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Domestic violence is not a per se ground of inadmissibility. You will need to prove that the statute of conviction is not a crime involving moral turpitude and he is therefore beyond doubt admissible to the U.S. You will also need to either let the ten-year bar associated with the order of deportation elapse or you will need to get a waiver based on an extreme hardship to you if he is not admitted to the U.S.

    [This above answer is based on the limited information given and should not be construed to be legal advice.]

    Feel free to contact me through my website for additional information.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,362 answers this week

3,082 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,362 answers this week

3,082 attorneys answering